1.What’s the purpose of your session? What do you want your personal brand photography images for?
2.Choose your personal brand photographer: Research some photographers in your area. Who feels like the right fit for you. Do you like their style, Does it feel like you?
3. Image use: What are you going to use your images for? Is it for a website, social media content, profile images, brochures, point of sale, leaflets and so on.
4. Research some images that you like or start a Pinterest board look for images that inspire you, a location you like a place or a pose. Show them to your photographer, we love this as we get a real feel for what you are thinking it helps us understand that vision.
5. Make a list of props: You may want to bring: hats, scarves, an umbrella : English weather if you’re shooting outside! A dog perhaps or a favourite handbag, favourite pieces of jewellery.
6. Locations: maybe you want to show yourself relaxing in your garden or at a park or perhaps in a favourite coffee shop that you love.
7. Your Outfits: What do you want to say about who you are? Is there a look that you feel really good in? Having a really good think and planning out your outfit ideas goes hand in hand with making sure you feel and look great on the day of your shoot. Do you want a casual look ? A smart look ? Above all make sure that you feel comfortable and really happy in your chosen clothes. The style that says YOU. We get those outfits nailed, 3-4 different looks and locations decided that fit, all arranged before the shoot day.
8.Your hair and make up: maybe you want to have a make up artist for your day shoot that can get you ready for the day. Or maybe you get your hair done the day before the shoot so you feel confident and ready for the big day.
9. Poses: talking to your photographer beforehand can really help you to feel more confident when it comes to posing in front of the camera. Have a look at some ideas and save them to your Pinterest board or your computer. Is there something you’ve always wanted to try? Remember it’s all about having fun being yourself, be bold be brave.
10. Choose a day for your shoot that you can keep just for you. So you aren’t feeling rushed make it about taking that time so you can still really enjoy and make the most of the photography experience.